How to Get More Positive Reviews
Having positive reviews is imperative for any business because this allows you to instill trust in the mind of potential users.
However, there's no magic trick to getting customer reviews, you just need to perform a multitude of things in order to get the results you want, the main and most simple principle being.... you need to ask in order to get them!
1. Send Customers to High Impact Sites
With so many review sites out there, it can be hard for your users to find the best ones out there. Obviously Google and Facebook are at the top of the list but you should also focus on sending them to the most reputable ones which can be found in the first few search engine positions.
Share review links with your customers to populate each of these sites with positive reviews, as this will help you create, as well as stabilize a good reputation within your industry!
Here's how to find your Google review link:
- Go to your Business Profile and locate the Customers option. Learn how to find your profile.
- Select Reviews and then click on Get More Reviews.
- If using Google Search on your computer, choose the Ask for Reviews feature.
- Share the review link directly with your customers or utilize the sharing options provided.
Here's how to find your Facebook review link:
- Go to your Facebook page
- Navigate to the reviews tab
- Copy the URL from the address bar
The link you obtain should look like this: https://www.facebook.com/embedreviews/reviews
Now that you have your review links, here are a few ideas to share them with customers:
- Include it in thank you emails.
- Add it at the end of chat interactions
- Include it on your receipts, invoices, and statements
- Add the link in your email signature
- Share it on your social media platforms or business website
- Send a follow-up email after a purchase
- Place a call-to-action (CTA) button on your website or email campaign
- Display a QR code in your store or on your product packaging for customers to scan and leave a review
2. Avoid Influencing the Reviewer
Influencing the person who wants to write a review will on most occasions, lead to a bad review. This is why it’s important to ask the customer to share his honest opinion.
Honest feedback is important because it allows you to address the concerns of the customers and any issues that your business might have. It's important to correct these issues as soon as you can.
3. Use Passive Reminders
When asking a customer for a review, it's a good idea to show logo images of review sites they can go to to give feedback on your service.
The idea is simple, you have to encourage people to leave valuable feedback for your company. Giving them easy access to review sites will ensure that they leave a review.
4. Send Review Requests in CRM Workflows
Whenever you get in touch with the customer to ask for a review, it's important to ask them at the end of a discussion with them so you can fully understand how happy they are with your service.
Another thing that can help generate positive reviews is sending a post-sale offer, as this will create a better relationship with them. If there are issues that customers have pointed out, then it's important to solve them as soon as possible in order to create better customer service and generate more positive reviews.
Having positive reviews is crucial for any business as it builds trust with potential customers. To get positive reviews, it's important to send customers to high-impact sites, such as Google and Facebook, and share review links directly with them.
Additionally, it's important to avoid influencing reviewers and ask for honest feedback. Passive reminders, including logos of review sites, can encourage customers to leave valuable feedback. Including review requests in your CRM workflow and solving customer issues promptly can also generate more positive reviews.
By following these tips, businesses can establish and maintain a good reputation within their industry.
Last Updated on March 31, 2023 by Allen